Suicide Prevention T Shirt Fundraiser
- Adult sizing
- 100% cotton
- Embroidered designs
- 100% of the proceeds will be donated to TWLOHA (To Write Love On Her Arms). You can learn more about them here. They provide many mental health resources GLOBALLY such as teaching you self-care, blogs & podcasts to share people's stories, providing a tool that gives you access to support groups/ therapy, and they offer treatment & recovery scholarships. All of their resources are free, user friendly, and easy to access.
- You can also learn more about my story here. My goal is to be as transparent as possible and to let you know that you are NOT alone!
- Fundraising Impacts with TWLOHA:
- The first $62,000 of our $300,000 goal will allow us to clear our current waitlist and help people access therapy, some for the first time.
- A gift of $25 connects 70 people to local, reduced-cost mental health services in their communities.
- A gift of $75 sponsors the cost of a 60-minute therapy session
- Suicide Statistics (according to TWLOHA):
Globally, 700,00 people die by suicide each year.
- In 2022, 50,000 people died by suicide in the United States
- Over the last decade, suicide rates in the US have increased most for people of color in these groups: 43% for Black people, 41% for Indigenous people, 27% for Latinx/Hispanic people.
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death among 14-18 year olds in the US.
- 45% of LGBTQ youth seriously considered attempting suicide in the past year. Nearly 1 in 5 transgender and nonbinary youth attempted suicide and LGBTQ youth of color reported higher rates than their white peers.